Our sites use a technology termed “cookies”.
Cookies are small text files containing information that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit. Their use provides an additional functionality to websites and helps analyse how they are used.
There are two types of cookies:
- Permanent Cookies: This type of cookie is used to “remember” information such as user name and password. It is stored for a fixed period or as long as you decide to not “disconnect” this registration service. If you do not use the service “Do not ask for my username and password in the future”, these cookies are not stored on your computer.
- Session Cookies: This type of cookie is used to keep a trace of the language you have selected on a website, for example. During the time you visit a site, these cookies are temporarily stored in your computer’s memory. A session cookie is not stored on your computer for a long time and generally disappears when you close your web browser. By using these cookies, LEGAL wishes to target visitors more effectively with relevant information.Cookies fall into the following categories:
Functional: allow basic site features to function, such as saving the content of your wish list.
Performance: measure site performance to enable technical optimisation and design improvement.
Advertising: measure the effectiveness of advertising and enable advertisements and promotions to be targeted.
Social Share: enable the sharing functionality on the social networks.
Social Network: track behaviour on the social networks and other online behaviour.
Please find a list of the cookies used on our websites below:
LEGAL uses Google Analytics cookies to identify certain demographic information for marketing purposes. Users remain anonymous to LEGAL, who receives information selected by the provider to target business activities more effectively. Customer ID identifies visitors anonymously over multiple sessions and is stored for 24 months prior to deletion.
Settings for each browser are different.
They are described in the browser’s help menu, allowing users to identify how to modify cookie settings, particularly for the most commonly used browsers listed below:
- for Internet Explorer : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- for Safari : http://www.apple.com/fr/privacy/use-of-cookies/
- for Chrome : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- for Firefox : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
Revised 14 June 2018.